May 31, 2021 to June 1, 2021
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Prestige Treasure Cove Resort
2005 Highway 97 South
Prince George, BC
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—anyone 16 or older can learn and use the ASIST model.
ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Due to COVID-19 restrictions workshop will be set up to allow for physical distancing. We will ensure the following provisions will be available for our workshop; hand sanitizer available for use additional cleaning of room and tables prior to each day of training
All participants will continue to follow the normal precautions to minimize the spread of infectious disease, including washing your hands thoroughly and regularly, sneezing or coughing into your elbow rather than your hand, and disinfecting surfaces that are frequently touched. Participants who do not will be asked to leave. We encourage anyone that is feeling ill to not attend the workshop. The facilitator will have the right to refuse entry to the workshop if a person is displaying any cold/flu symptoms. Masks as per the current Health orders are required.
Any cancellations due to provinical health orders or COVID concern will be fully transferable to another course or refunded in full.
Training will take place at the Treasure Cove Hotel in Prince George, BC. If you are traveling into Prince George and require accomadations please inform hotel you are attending this course to get the government room rate.